Hall of Champions Nomination
The Fellowship of Christian Athletes “Hall of Champions” was established in 1991. There are now 97 godly athletes and coaches plus board members and volunteers who have received this special tribute. They make up a group of FCA servant-leaders who have faithfully served Christ through the avenue of FCA.
Their commitment to the Lord’s work has impacted many millions over the years. They are a body of Teammates in Christ who have demonstrated a consistent commitment to the support of FCA, nominated by staff and board members and elected by a selection committee.
Hall of Champions Inductees
View all members of the Hall of Champions
The criteria for nomination include, but are not limited to, those whose life has demonstrated:
- A personal belief in and commitment to Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord;
- A demonstrated commitment to participate in the ministry of FCA;
- A commitment to further FCA’s purpose;
- An involvement in the FCA ministries – Coaches, Campus, Camps and Community;
- A lengthy period of consistent service (minimum of 10 years);
- A personal involvement in the world of sport;
- Not an FCA staff person (FCA’s Hall of Honor is for both past and current staff);
- Not a current member of our National Board of Trustees.
Please also note
- Nominees from the previous year who were not selected as honorees in the Hall of Champions are not automatically re-nominated.
- To ensure an equitable voting process, it will be necessary to re-nominate previous individuals, if you wish to have them considered again this year.
Along with the fully completed nomination form, which is included in this material, those who make nominations are advised to also collect and submit supporting material such as letters of endorsement from other athletes and coaches or pastors and chaplains which attest to the nominee’s Christian character, sports background and FCA involvement. This documentation may take whatever form you wish, but should be no more than five pages in addition to the nomination form, scanned and sent electronically together.
All FCA staff must submit their nominees with Field VP Approval and endorsement no later than July 21, 2017. Then a Selection Committee with representation from our Board of Trustees, National Support Center and Field Staff will make the final selection. Those elected will be notified in September and publicly announced in October.
The award consists of a photo display and brief bio to be placed in the “Hall of Champions” in FCA’s National Support Center. A glass etching will also be presented to the honoree at an appropriate event in their area.
Thank you for your attention to this great opportunity to honor the lives of men and women who have dedicated their lives and their sport to the Lord Jesus Christ and who have laid the foundation for the Kingdom work we are now all privileged to enjoy.