This story appears in FCA Magazine's January/February 2018 issue. Subscribe today!
Midwest -- Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska
Field VP: Tim Johnson, email@example.com
Ministry Moment: One of our highlights this past summer was our annual Coaches Marriage Getaway in Champaign, Illinois. Forty coaches and their spouses gathered to be strengthened in their marriages and challenged to grow in Christ. It’s an incredible blessing and privilege to build into the marriages of some of the most influential couples in our communities.
1. That our staff and volunteer leaders are “As One” in what we believe, Spirit-led, and devoted to the final authority of God’s Word.
2. For each of our campuses to have a “Coach for Christ” who is trained, encouraged and equipped by FCA staff. “Every Coach, Every Team.”
3. That our donors would know the life-changing joy of giving and discover the blessing of investing in eternity through FCA.
Regional International Coordinator: Roger Lipe
Ministry Moment: The Midwest Region is thrilled with the collaboration we have with our growing staff in Ukraine. For the third consecutive year, all of FCA Ukraine’s camp season was funded by the collective efforts of the Midwest Region. This past summer, the FCA Ukraine staff welcomed two groups of Midwest Region FCA staff and coaches, and each made strong investments in the local ministry.
1. For FCA Eurasian Global Region Coordinator Andriy Kravstov, as he builds relationships with sports ministry leaders in other nations of the region.
2. For our Eurasian FCA teammates as they join with others from around the world for the FCA International Capacity Conference in February.
3. For our Eurasian FCA ministry partners and Midwest Region FCA staff, as they gather together for FCA Realtime in Orlando, Florida, in February.
Southeast Central -- Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, Tennessee
Field VP: Del Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ministry Moment: We praise God for the impact He made through FCA last fiscal year (Sept. 2016 – Aug. 2017). In that span, our region’s 220 staff members certified 3,586 FCA Huddles and sent 12,897 coaches and athletes to FCA Camp. Also in that time, 6,576 people indicated commitments to follow Jesus Christ through FCA events. Additionally, we hosted 81 Fields of Faith events across our region in October, where 29,060 attended and 1,544 indicated commitments to Christ.
1. Continuing to develop our FCA Leadership Boards and Chairs.
2. Recruiting more Character Coaches to serve with campus and community sports teams.
3. Hiring more field staff so we can reach more people with the gospel of Christ.
Regional International Coordinator: Dennis Hayford
Ministry Moment: At our Global Leaders’ Meetings at the FCA National Support Center in late October, we announced Vincent Asamoah as our fourth Global Region Coordinator. In this role, Asamoah will oversee our strategic development in both the West Africa and Central Africa Global Regions.
1. New sports camps are being organized by our new sports ministry partners in Kenya and Sierra Leone.
2. In Summer 2018, we are planning our first African Coaches Ministry Summit in Accra, Ghana, for 50 leaders from 20 African countries.
3. Vincent Asamoah begins his new leadership as the Global Region Coordinator for the West Africa and Central Africa Global Regions.